The river is a very safe environment for the experienced or
inexperienced boat person to enjoy.
Just a few tips to make the trip up river easier.
On leaving the boat hire
The power boats are only licensed for the river so you can go up
to the sand spit of Chinamanís beach but no further out to sea. Up
river explore approx 6km of beautiful scenery.
1. Head the boat straight out from the beach. Donít cut the
corner its too shallow!
2. Keep the line of crayboats moored to the right as you head up
river. This is a deep channel .
3. Once past the jetty keep to the right.
4. Approx 5-10minutes of motoring time Look out for the
markers(white bouys) and go down the middle of the bouys.
5. After this you will see Castle rock on your left. This a rocky
outcrop which with a 15min climb to the top will give you a stunning
view of Kalbarri. Also great fishing spot!
6. Beyond this you will see a low lying island with shrubs called
GOAT island keep to the left hand side of this whilst heading up
7. The end of the island is the set limit for use of our boats in
8. Most of all have fun! Go swimming , fishing or crabbing or
just explore the river!!!!